CONVENIENTLY LOCATED TO SERVE NASHVILLE, BRENTWOOD, AND FRANKLIN
Conveniently located to serve Nashville, Brentwood, and Franklin
Nipple correction surgery can address a range of patient concerns regarding the appearance of their nipples. Inverted, downward-pointing, and overly large nipples are common reasons why double-board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Paul Papillion performs nipple correction in Nashville.
Why Have Nipple Correction Surgery?
Patients seek nipple correction surgery for many reasons. In some cases, unwanted physical attributes of the nipples occur at birth or as a result of underdevelopment as a person grows. In other cases, injury, breastfeeding, or hormonal conditions can cause changes to the nipples.
Regardless of the cause or underlying condition, concerns with the appearance of the nipples can cause significant self-consciousness and distress to patients. Nipple correction patients tend to experience an improved quality of life after surgery, as the results can eliminate what was once a source of embarrassment.
Am I a Candidate for Nipple Correction Surgery?
Dr. Paul Papillion can determine your candidacy for nipple correction in a consultation. Your expectations for treatment, the condition of your breast tissue and nipples, and your medical history will factor into your candidacy.
In general, candidates must be:
- Willing to follow all pre- and post-operative instructions
- In good physical health
- Realistic in their expectations for the outcome of the surgery
Dr. Papilllion and his team are the best! He was very clear and thorough about the steps before, during and after surgery. He is very attentive and accommodating. My surgery experience was one of the best. Dr. Papilllion was print and professional and his staff was excellent at making me feel comfortable. My results are incredible with no complications. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends!
Types of Nipple Correction Surgery
Dr. Papillion’s surgical expertise allows him to correct many cosmetic concerns involving the nipples. Common nipple correction surgeries include:
- Nipple Lift for Ptosis – Low nipple position, or ptosis, is a condition that often occurs in patients with enlarged or pendulous breasts. Nipple position may move lower as aging causes the skin to lose elasticity. Nipple lift procedures are often done as part of a breast reduction or breast lift in order to create the most aesthetic results.
- Nipple Reduction – In cases where the nipple is disproportionately large or protruding, a nipple reduction procedure can improve the appearance of the nipple. Nipple reduction can also relieve the skin irritation and discomfort that often occurs with hypertrophic, or overly large, nipples. This procedure is performed to correct downward-pointing nipples as well.
- Correction of Inverted Nipples – When the nipples are positioned inward or below the areola surface, Dr. Papillion can surgically alter the breast tissue to allow the nipples to protrude aesthetically.
- Areola Correction – Correction of asymmetry or irregularity in the appearance of the areola may be needed to achieve a patient’s desired results. This can be performed as a singular surgery or as part of another cosmetic breast or nipple surgery.
What to Know about Inverted Nipple Correction
The most common nipple correction procedure that Dr. Papillion performs is inverted nipple correction. This surgery is typically an outpatient procedure that begins with the patient receiving a local anesthetic. In most cases, inverted nipple correction surgery takes 30 minutes to one hour.
Types of Inverted Nipple Correction Surgery
Dr. Papillion will help you choose the best inverted nipple surgery method to achieve your treatment goals. The two surgical approaches are:
- Inverted nipple correction that partially preserves milk ducts – Dr. Papillion recommends this method for women who want to have the option to breastfeed if they have a child after the surgery.
- Inverted nipple correction that detaches the milk ducts – This surgical technique is more common and involves detaching the milk ducts to achieve nipple protrusion. Women who have this procedure will not be able to breastfeed after the surgery.
Recovery from Nipple Correction Surgery
Recovery time will vary depending on the complexity of your treatment. For example, a patient who undergoes areola correction by itself will have a shorter recovery than a patient who has a breast reduction combined with nipple correction. In any case, Dr. Papillion will give you detailed aftercare instructions so you can best care for the treatment area.
Cost of Nipple Correction Surgery
Nipple correction surgery pricing varies based on the individual patient. Surgery duration and the complexity of the techniques required will impact the overall cost of your treatment.
Schedule a Consultation for Nipple Correction in Nashville
Choosing an experienced double-board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Papillion is essential when electing to have any cosmetic surgery. Dr. Papillion consistently meets and exceeds patient expectations due to his surgical skill and commitment to understanding each patient’s unique goals.
If you are interested in nipple correction in Nashville and are looking for a caring, qualified plastic surgeon who puts patient safety and satisfaction first, please contact us to schedule your consultation with Dr. Papillion.