Meet Dr. Papillion
Dr. Paul Warner Papillion is a double board-certified plastic surgeon that focuses exclusively on cosmetic and aesthetic procedures. Performing hundreds of surgical procedures yearly, he is a meticulous surgeon who strives for amazing results. He is considered by many to be one of the best in Nashville. His results and testimonies speak for themselves. Dr. Papillion is a member of several top plastic surgery societies including the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, The American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, and the Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons.
Dr. Papillion specializes in the following procedures:
Dr. Papillion’s plastic surgery training is multifaceted. He completed a six year general surgery residency at UT Chattanooga, and then a three-year plastic and reconstructive fellowship at Vanderbilt Medical Center. However, it is what he did during that time that made his training unique. During Dr. Papillion’s training, he sought out numerous specialists outside of his residency training. His philosophy was to learn as much from everyone that he had an opportunity to observe, so that his knowledge base would encompass more than the standards taught during residency. Dr. Papillion spent countless hours with private practice plastic surgeons, months away with world-renowned plastic surgeons learning their techniques and practices. Dr. Papillion also did not limit himself to only plastic surgeons. He spent time with ENT and Facial plastic surgeons studying their technical differences in facial procedures. In the end, these additional observations have given him a unique perspective and a broader reference point for his ability to provide surgical care.
- Board Certified: America Board of Plastic Surgery 2015
- Board Certified: American Board of General Surgery 2011
- Medical License: State of Tennessee 2007
- Fellowship – Plastic Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery: Vanderbilt University Medical Center 2011 – 2014
- Residency – General Surgery: University of Tennessee Medical College at Chattanooga 2005 – 2011
- Medical School: LSU Health and Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA 2001 – 2005
- Undergraduate: NorthwesternState University, Natchitoches, LA 1997 – 2001
In efforts to continue to provide you cutting-edge care and knowledge, Dr. Papillion routinely attends several meetings a year keeping up to date with current topics and trends.
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Tennessee Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Tennessee Medical Association
Dr. Papillion was born in New Orleans and grew up in Central Louisiana. He spent much of his early youth enjoying the southern outdoors. Hunting and fishing were weekly activities. With time, his focus shifted toward athletics, where his drive and competitive spirit allowed him to excel in multiple sports.
After completing high school, he went on to Northwestern State University on a football scholarship. Injuries forced him away from football and on to track and field, where he became All Conference Decathlete. He also received two academic scholarships and was a member of Phi Kappa Phi honor society.
Immediately after college, Dr. Papillion married his high school sweetheart. They have two beautiful children.
Interests: Foodie. Fitness. Concerts. Hiking. Gaming. Sitting on the front porch. Golf. Fishing. Hunting. Biking. Snowboarding.
Community: Cross Point Church Nashville.